- reporting time reduced from 1.5 to 2 hours to less than 10 minutes
Overview of the Client
Our client is a highly regarded Fortune 500 company that is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. They have earned a reputation for excellence due to their cutting-edge technology, decades of experience, and prominent position in the market. They also offer a comprehensive suite of services that support the entire product life cycle.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client’s IT Strategy is no longer aligned with a legacy system, with the vendor support ending soon.
- The Team Identified security vulnerabilities in the legacy system.
- Customization was necessary to meet all customer’s requirements.
- The legacy system lacks alignment with the current corporate strategy and has poor integration with the SAP Platform.
- Corporate Accounting Group seeks a flexible system with advanced planning features and improved performance.
- Client requests templates and reports to resemble those of the existing legacy system, aiming to minimize Change Management efforts
- TekLink collaborated closely with the client to design and implement a new system using SAP BPC 10.0 on HANA.
- A seamless data transition from the Legacy Oracle Essbase system to the new tool was achieved.
- The solution provided by TekLink focused on delivering a more flexible and controlled environment for the Corporate Accounting Group.
- Efforts were made to replicate the look and feel of the existing reports, minimizing the challenges of change management.
- Templates were improved to simplify maintenance processes, reducing errors and enhancing efficiency.
- Extensive testing was conducted to ensure data accuracy and reporting in the legacy system.
- BPC features were implemented to establish a streamlined submission process and ensure a timely closing.
- TekLink provided comprehensive on-site support, both before and after the transition, for legacy, current SAP, and non-SAP Planning Solutions.
- The rollover process for each year was simplified through enhanced model design and effective utilization of the TIME Dimension and its properties.
- The successful migration encompassed 11 years of historical data, including master, original, and re-aligned transactional data.
Business Outcomes and Benefits
- Cost savings were achieved through effective collaboration between on-site and offshore teams during implementation.
- Significant performance improvements were seen, with the legacy system’s reporting time reduced from 1.5 to 2 hours to less than 10 minutes using SAP BPC.
- Thorough testing was conducted to address and resolve critical issues found in the legacy systems, ensuring data integrity.
We would like to thank our Systems Integrator, TekLink for making the transition to SAP BPC a success