Overview of the Client
Our client is a Fortune 500 Company and a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. They also offer services that help in the product life-cycle with their cutting edge technology and decades of experience.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The legacy system was no longer aligned with their IT Strategy with vendor support coming to an end soon.
- The legacy system had security vulnerabilities.
- The legacy system required customization to provide all capabilities required by the customer.
- The legacy system was not aligned with the current corporate strategy and does not integrate well with the SAP Platform.
- The Corporate Accounting Group required a system that is flexible with mature planning features and better performance.
- To minimize the Change Management efforts, the client required that the templates and reports be like the ones for the existing legacy system.
TekLink helped the client design and implement a new system using SAP BPC 10.0 on HANA. All the data from their Legacy Oracle Essbase system was transitioned into the new tool.
TekLink’s solution included:
- Architecting a solution that is more flexible and better control to the Corporate Accounting Group.
- Replicating the look and feel of the existing reports to minimize the change management efforts.
- Implementing improvements to the templates to ease the maintenance process and reduce errors.
- Extensively testing the legacy system to ensure data and reporting accuracy.
- Implementing the solution to control the submission process using BPC features for on-time closing.
- Provided on-site support before and after the transition to the SAP BPC in both legacy, and current SAP and non-SAP Planning Solutions.
- Simplifying the rollover process for every year by improving the model design and leveraging TIME Dimension and its properties.
- Migration of 11 years of historical data including the master, original, and the re-aligned transactional data.
- A significant cost saving for the implementation with the help of on-site and offshore teams.
- Significant performance improvements – 1.5 to 2 hours of reporting in a legacy system reduced to less than 10 minutes with SAP BPC.
- Data Integrity was tested for accuracy with the legacy systems throughout the transition process, with all the critical issues resolved.
We would like to thank our Systems Integrator, TekLink for making the transition to SAP BPC a success