Overview of the Client
The client is a global biopharmaceutical company that develops medicines for people with limited options for a better life. The client actively engages in the research, development, and commercializing of pharmaceutical products.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client relies on a Financial Planning and Consolidation solution built on SAP BPC for planning and reporting key financial KPIs to the stock market and other stakeholders.
- For this mission-critical solution, our client chose TekLink as a long-term partner to:
- Run and maintain the underlying IT Infrastructure.
- Administer the SAP Components.
- Maintain and enhance the application.
- Support business users in their daily activities and with changing requirements.
- A dedicated application support team acts as an extension to the client’s business and team, seamlessly taking care of the more mundane tasks to ensure smooth planning and timely delivery of consolidated KPIs to stakeholders.
- It includes a range of activities from daily housekeeping to issue resolution and continuous enhancements to accommodate changing business requirements.
- A shared technical support team installs, maintains, and monitors technical components starting with the infrastructure hosted by AWS, operating system, database systems, and SAP Installations.
- Regular security scans, software updates/upgrades issue resolution and more, provide a reliable platform for a mission-critical solution.
- The client’s finance, HR, and Planning teams can lean back and rely on a stable mission-critical solution – available whenever they need it.
- Cost savings by combining an industry-leading hosting solution with a shared support model for technical services and a dedicated support team for critical issues.
- Cloud Hosting enabled the client to avoid upfront capital investments and maintain a high degree of flexibility with regard to IT infrastructure.
- TekLink’s flex-model for application support allows quick ramp-up and ramp-down support and development resources to accommodate short-term needs, such as extra support for time-critical business requirements or additional development capacity for major enhancements.
- Leveraging TekLink’s shared SAP Basis and Infrastructure Support resources, our client deployed an efficient approach to maintaining the SLAs required by business across multiple timezones without onboarding a larger team of highly qualified employees internally or consultants.
TekLink's contribution to our solution was outstanding and a big part of the successful outcome can be credited to your competence, flexibility, and hard work. This is another demonstration of the strong partnership between our teams.
Director, IT - Finance