Overview of the Client
The client is a global healthcare company with a focus on developing innovative therapies. They design, develop, manufacture, and market their innovative products across the globe to address the challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet needs. They also support healthcare providers, hospitals, and clinics in more than 100 countries with its vast distribution network.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client wanted to replace their existing ERP System on QAD with SAP S4 HANA.
- They wanted to integrate the SAP Data with the current QAD historical data using the same semantic layer to avoid rebuilding the Tableau Dashboards.
- The key business challenges in the process include:
- To synchronize the master data in QAD and S4 HANA to ensure a seamless experience for the end-users of the Tableau Dashboards.
- To migrate open orders and consolidate reporting using historical and current data.
- To understand and map the QAD fields to SAP fields.
- To align with the definitions of the KPIs
- To ensure a successful integration testing with the Tableau developers for data validation.
- The TekLink Team implemented a Data Warehouse using Azure Synapse to blend the data from QAD and SAP.
- The Team created the mapping document of QAD and SAP fields.
- The TekLink Team extracted the necessary tables from SAP and replicated them into Azure Data Factory.
- The Team also created a data model/semantic layer in the data warehouse to provide a consolidated view of the business data.
- TekLink translated the business partner names from SAP to QAD within the solution and replaced the existing data source with the new data model.
- The Team meticulously applied this approach for their Sales and Financial Reporting, which now acts as the template for other business functions.
- The solution is low maintenance and provides consolidated data from different sources.
- Provides the platform to replicate additional SAP Tables into the Data Warehouse.
- Enables multiple analytical initiatives to begin quickly.
- Availability of a consistent platform for the QAD and SAP teams for the KPIs and fields.
- The solution ensures significant cost savings because of the reusability of the Tableau Dashboards.