- 50% Reduction in the Overall Process Time
Overview of the Client
The client is an electronic design automation company focusing on silicon design and verification. The client deploys the world’s most advanced technology for chip design, verification, IP Integration, and software security and quality testing. They leverage their technology and skills in many self-driving cars, artificial intelligence, and internet of things consumer products.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- A system to replace their existing Excel-based allocation process.
- The system had to be integrated into Finance Model in SAC to provide P&L reporting capabilities
- To leverage existing product level headcount data to allocate all expenses, including the overhead costs at a product level.
- The ability to report at three different levels:
- The flexibility to allow data loads through flat files and manual input by end-user.
- The TekLink Team provided the SAC allocation model to address their business needs and enhance existing processes.
- The Team implemented the following:
- A rate-based allocation model that delivers the required results.
- Integration into the existing Finance Model for P&L Reporting.
- The Team used Analysis for Office (AO) SAC Integration capabilities for the implementation.
- A detailed reporting solution to allow for rate analysis at multiple business levels.
- A detailed documentation of the new process for user on-boarding and understanding.
- 50% reduction in the overall process time
- Better end-user experience
- Easy-to-use reports that enable effective analysis throughout the process.
- A single source of allocation data with less manual intervention and maintenance.