TekLink offers our rich experience and simple options to show you the way!
Do you really need to upgrade? As per their maintenance strategy and BPC roadmap, SAP will end mainstream maintenance for BPC 7.5 NW version by 12/31/2017 (MS Version – Already out of maintenance). This means that less SAP support staff is dedicated to support version 7.x and no enhancements, patches or fixes will be available.
This becomes critical because operating systems, database platforms and Microsoft products continue to evolve even if your process don’t change or need any adjustments.
Additionally implementation and development consultants have already started focusing on BPC newer versions and it will be more difficult to find talent to help if any issues should arise.
BPC 10.0 – ends maintenance 12/31/2020 (Requires NetWeaver(BW) -7.3
New features include:
- New office interface called EPM Add-in is used to interact with Excel, Word and PowerPoint. The EPM interface is more intuitive and it includes drag and drop capabilities. The EPM interface includes member recognition capabilities that allow users to simply enter members and the EPM interface automatically recognize them and creates the corresponding report element.
- New EPM formulas communicate with the database more efficiently than the EV formulas and have advance nesting capabilities, most of the old EV formulas are still supported but are not as efficient.
- Enhanced Formatting capabilities
- Improved comment functionality
- Improved capabilities for system development and administration including BPC integration with BW
- Several performance improvements that improve query response time
- Parallel processing capabilities
- Improved capabilities to load data from SAP ERP
- HANA Database support provides increased system performance and access to predictive analytics functions
BPC 10.1 – ends maintenance 12/31/2022 (Requires NetWeaver(BW) -7.4 SP05
New features include:
- HTML5 Web interface provides enhanced web reporting capabilities that can be accessed in mobile devices
- New Embedded version (Must have HANA) for tighter HANA integration, for this option a new implementation is required
Do you want to try a new SAP Planning tool? If you want to try a new tool, SAP has introduced 2 new offerings
- Business Objects Cloud for planning: A solution for customers looking for a cloud based solution or for customers looking to enhance their BPC implementation with cloud based capabilities (this is typically referred to as a hybrid approach). Features include:
- Connectors to BPC, BW, SAP HANA and other sources
- In memory calculation engine
- Simple interface to define and maintain planning models
- Powerful and intuitive reporting capabilities
- Dashboard development capabilities
- Built in collaboration tools
- Predictive Analytics functions
- SAP Business Objects Planning and Consolidation Optimized for S/4 HANA: An option for customers who are ready to move to an S/4HANA integrated solution. Features include:
- Integrated planning across the enterprise integrated with S/4 HANA
- Pre delivered Planning content based on S/4 HANA structures
- Real-time processing
- Business Functions and Predictive analytics libraries
- Excel based user interface
- Web based reporting and Dashboard development capabilities
TekLink provides SAP customers a unique opportunity to leverage TekLink’s Innovation Lab for a test drive. We can also help you assess the capabilities and features of the new tools and their fit to your organization’s planning environment and processes. Get in touch with us to get started on your upgrade journey the right way, today!