Overview of the Client
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company that develops medicines for people with limited options for a better life. The client actively engages in the research, development, and commercialization of pharmaceuticals products.
Business Objectives and Challenges
- The client wanted to redesign their workforce planning process to have a user-friendly system.
- The client found the existing Workforce Planning Process to be cumbersome, error-prone, and time-consuming.
- They wanted an automated, dynamic, robust, and easy-to-use solution.
- They also wanted to reduce the time to complete the planning cycle.
- Apart from these, the client wanted to ease the process to:
- Simplify the steps to add, modify, transfer, or delete employees.
- Increase the flexibility to add, modify, transfer, and delete multiple employees at a time.
- Able to track changes to the employee status.
- They wanted to have a robust solution the department managers can easily use.
- The TekLink Consultants redesigned the workforce planning solution from the ground up by:
- Automating several steps of the planning process.
- Redesigning and reorganizing the layouts for a better user experience and increased real estate.
- Standardizing all forms and reports for a consistent look and feel as well as functionality.
- Building a solution based on the reporting requirements.
- The team enhanced the current process so that the users can plan for multiple employees (simultaneously) and perform compensation reporting with minimal steps.
- The team further redesigned the compensation calculation logic to introduce performance improvements enabling run-time execution.
- The team also addressed all parts of the process that was prone to user error and automated these processes.
- The team added a dynamic and flexible mass upload feature for the sales department to add several sales positions with one click.
- Significant reduction in the manual efforts due to the introduction of system automation.
- A decreased planning cycle time with a simplified workforce planning process.
- Drastic reduction in the number of steps to complete every stage of the process.
- Flawless execution of the planning cycle due to the decrease in the number of errors in data.
- An improved reporting flexibility that provided the clear visibility of the employee status changes and an ability to add back the previously deleted employees.
- The new system resulted in increased user satisfaction and a high user adoption rate.
- The standardization of forms and automation resulted and automation resulted in reduced training efforts for a new user.