About the client
Valero is a best-in-class producer of essential fuels and products considered the foundations of modern life. They are the largest independent petroleum refiner in the world and the largest renewable fuels producer in America.
- Valero was running SAP SEM, which was implemented more than a decade ago.
- The solution was modified over time.
- The new version of SEM was not compatible with Microsoft 2013 or with the next release of SAP Business Warehouse.
- They took a forward-looking approach to the compatibility issues and streamlining and simplifying the forecasting and budgeting process.
- Valero also required a flexible solution that would cater to the needs of diverse business units.
Our solution focused on:
- Addressing the pain points identified in design sessions.
- Making the existing processes automated with the newly available tools.
- Utilizing BPC as a repository for financial planning and forecast.
Key Project Benefits
- 29% reduction in the planning process cycle.
- Developing flexible and user-friendly Excel Based Forms.
- A significant improvement in the user interface with automatic updates to the Operating Income.
- Consolidation of layouts for better performance and consistency.
- Valero built POCs with both the standard and embedded models with the help of TekLink’s BPC Landscape.
- The “Showcase” sessions helped in ensuring that the end solution matched the users’ needs.