Overview of the Client
Our client is an American multinational food manufacturing company focused on producing cereal, and other convenience foods, including crackers and toaster pastries. They have their manufacturing units set up in more than 15 countries, with their product being distributed worldwide.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- Our client needed to upgrade their current Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) installation from BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.1.
- They were not satisfied with the performance of the current system and wanted TekLink to help them improve performance.
- Our client needed to ensure the upgrade would provide the desired enhancements to efficiency.
- This required comparing the performance boost with and without HANA via TekLink’s “Value Added Upgrade”.
- We leveraged our Innovation Labs to set up three different landscapes for the client to see their respective performances.
- Test scripts focusing on different areas of interest were defined to compare system performance for each landscape.
- The team analyzed the current business processes and BPC configuration to ensure best practices were followed before going for the upgrade.
- Configuration was updated to leverage new features to improve User Experience.
- The client was confident about their decision as they had documented evidence of the performance improvements that could be achieved by selecting BPC 10.1 on HANA for their upgrade.
- By applying best practices and leveraging new features as part of the upgrade process the team was able to improve User Experience which resulted in improved end-user satisfaction.
- Improve system performance allowed the team to spend more time in Reporting and Analysis.
- The system is easier to maintain.