Our client is an American Company and one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of tobacco, cigarettes, and other related products. It has a worldwide distribution network, with its headquarters in the US.
The client needed a better suited cloud platform for their business demands as Teradata lagged in performance, cost, cost, and features as compared to Microsoft Azure.
- TekLink migrated the initial data set to Azure Data Lake Store.
- The TekLink team enabled this migration by designing and the Azure Data Lake Store by using Spark data frames.
- By this deployment, we enabled Spark’s fast data frames with parallel processing and distributed computing.
- After transforming and converting the data into the required format for reporting, the team loaded the filtered data into our Client’s Azure Data Lake Store.
- The files were then analyzed in Power BI making a direct query from Azure’s Data Lake Store.
Key Project Benefits
The project achieved its goals and exceed the performance expectations of our Client.
- Processing time for Azure’s Load and Transform activities is reduced to a fraction of earlier run-times in Teradata.
- The complexity of the system was decreased significantly from the original Teradata model.
- Leveraging Databricks’ pay-as-you-go service, our Client minimized their overall processing cost as compared to Teradata.
- TekLink’s Global Delivery Model ensured that the cost of migration reduced considerably and provide room for continued sustainment of analytics platform.