Our client is an American Company and one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of tobacco, cigarettes, and other related products. It has a worldwide distribution network, with its headquarters in the US.
The client needed a better suited cloud platform for their business demands as Teradata lagged in performance, cost, cost, and features as compared to Microsoft Azure.
- TekLink migrated the initial data set to Azure Data Lake Store.
- The TekLink team enabled this migration by designing and the Azure Data Lake Store by using Spark data frames.
- By this deployment, we enabled Spark’s fast data frames with parallel processing and distributed computing.
- After transforming and converting the data into the required format for reporting, the team loaded the filtered data into our Client’s Azure Data Lake Store.
- The files were then analyzed in Power BI making a direct query from Azure’s Data Lake Store.
Key Project Benefits
The project achieved its goals and exceed the performance expectations of our Client.
- Processing time for Azure’s Load and Transform activities is reduced to a fraction of earlier run-times in Teradata.
- The complexity of the system was decreased significantly from the original Teradata model.
- Leveraging Databricks’ pay-as-you-go service, our Client minimized their overall processing cost as compared to Teradata.
- TekLink’s Global Delivery Model ensured that the cost of migration reduced considerably and provide room for continued sustainment of analytics platform.
TekLink’s consultants were critical to our success in migrating from Teradata to Microsoft Azure. TekLink’s technical and cloud expertise were exceptional.
Senior Manager - Data and Advanced Analytics Technology