Our client is an American company who design, manufacture and sell electrical and electronic products for non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. They have their manufacturing facilities are present in different countries with an efficient network of distributors and retailers.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client wanted to improve the data analysis and visualization using Power BI where the users can interpret data from on-premise data sources.
- The client wanted to design a landscape for better performance and high availability within the available features.
- The client required that the business users should be able to connect via Office365.
- The team was involved in designing the architecture for the PowerBI Gateway landscape.
- We also set up the distributed PowerBI Gateway production landscape with High Availability and Load Balancing solution.
- The team set up the on-premise PowerBI Gateway for non-production and production landscapes.
- We also set up PowerBI authentication with Azure AD (Active Directory) and syncing it with the on-premise AD.
- The team helped the client establish a connection between PowerBI Gateway with data sources such as HANA, SQL, File, BWoH, ECC-on-HANA, S/4 HANA.
- We configured the Single Sign-On (SSO) functionality between PowerBI and backend HANA Data Sources.
- We also set up PowerBI Security for secure communication, user authentication, data and service security.
- The client now has all the IT Processes for their business needs.
- There is an increased scope to increase the service-level delivery.
- The PowerBI users can be authenticated with Office365 authentication.
- The reports will be generated with detailed visualization, resulting in better understanding.
- An enhanced data protection capabilities.