Overview of the Client
Rust–Oleum is a manufacturer of protective paints and coatings for home and industrial use. They are a worldwide leader in industry-leading paints and coatings, with a strong global presence. They operate across the world including Asia, Australia, and North America.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- Rust-Oleum had decided to move from BEx Analyzer to Analysis for Office (AO), because the support to BEx will come to an end in December 2020
- The future Microsoft Office versions are not tested for BEx or supported by SAP
- They wanted to leverage the new functionalities in AO to meet the user demands
- The critical challenge was the migration of 500+ existing workbooks in BEx with all the existing validation checks, ensuring correctness while migrating
- The solution spanned across different functions such as Sales, Logistics, Finance, FP & A, and COPA
- We used Agile methodology for the project implementation with inputs from different stakeholders and adapted them into the solution
- The most used workbooks based on functional area were first identified
- Migrated by collecting and analyzing reporting-based system-level BW statistics for Workbook usage Analysis
- The workbooks were split into three batches based on priority, and TekLink migrated and validated each batch one by one.
The TekLink team also developed a detailed training report along with providing the necessary training to the end-users through workshops.
- TekLink converted the 500+ workbooks with validation for each of them, ensuring a successful migration
- The AO workbooks has the same functionality as the BEx workbooks, including macros
- They now have an intuitive user interface with advanced features to enable smarter reporting Analytics with SAP’s AO
- Post the completion of the project, they leveraged OLAP connections in SAP BO, along with support for numerous data sources meeting diverse business requirements
- Migration to Analysis for Office allows Rust-Oleum to leverage all future innovations from SAP.
TekLink provided worry free BEx to AO Migration by analyzing and converting our 500+ BEx workbooks to Analysis for Office while also increasing adoption by running power user workshops