- Over 30% Performance Improvement
- 20% Reduction in TCO
Our client is a leading global provider of innovative protective packaging materials and other packaging systems. They are into designing, developing, and delivering packaging solutions for various consumer and industrial market segments. They have their manufacturing facilities in North America, and Europe with an extensive distribution network to serve the global demands.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- Our client was using Cognos based reporting solution to generate operational reporting for their ERP System (i.e., SAP ECC).
- The existing solution necessitated multiple components for data staging, data transformation, and reporting.
- Maintaining the system required diverse skills and significant efforts.
- Our client wanted to migrate their system to S/4HANA and leverage CDS and Fiori for the operational reporting to gain real-time insights.
- With the new system, the client also looked to reduce the errors and improve the overall performance.
- TekLink studied the requirements of the client and suggested building an operating reporting system based on S/4HANA Analytics, OData Services, CDS, and Fiori.
- The TekLink Team implemented the solution with:
- Technical Design Document
- Custom CDS Views and Fiori Tiles developed with S/4HANA 1909
- Virtual Data Models that include Master Data, Sales Orders and Billing, Open Orders, OTIF, Shipments, and Purchase Orders
- Standard reusable template for CDS Consumption into Fiori
- OData Services and Fiori Integration
- Other Security Setups
- The TekLink Team further provided the client with support for:
- CDS View and Fiori Application Support
- Future Enhancements as required
- Performance Optimization of CDS Views
- Basic User Training
- A unified UI for transactions and reporting.
- Over 30% Performance Improvements in reporting.
- Improved the accuracy of reporting because of a single source of information and real-time reporting capability.
- A 20% reduction in TCO (Total Cost of ownership).