Overview of the Client
Our client is a leading global supplier of Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) polished slurries that are used in semiconductor manufacturing. Globally they are present at more than 35 locations that are strategically located to easily work and collaborate with their customers.
- The client wanted TekLink to resolve the performance issues arising in addressing the user queries.
- The client required that the availability of SQL Database be optimized for the plant apps and the user portal.
- The TekLink Team executed the solution in a 3-phase manner:
- Collect Phase: In this phase, TekLink gathered information about the existing technical landscape, the hardware specifications, performance issues, security vulnerability areas, and workload statistics. The team collected the top 10 critical stored procedures/queries for analysis.
- Analyze Phase: TekLink reviewed the database design, its configuration, versions, database settings, database logs, database backup policies, and the stored procedure code.
- Recommend Phase: The TekLink Team presented an assessment report for the following areas, classifying them into short-term and long-term implementations with the approximate timelines for the implementations:
- OS Version/patches to be updated for security compliance, mainstream support validity, and addition of new functionalities.
- Reconfiguring database settings like compatibility mode, DB consistency check, update statistics, and SMTP Configuration.
- The other recommendations were for:
- Database alerts and cleanup jobs
- Database cache settings
- Database data and log file distribution
- Standardizing backup and recovery
- High Availability/Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) options
- Index rebuild/defragmentation
- Encryption of database data and log files
- SQL dashboard tool for real-time monitoring, history of alerts, and usage patterns
- Index on columns used to join the larger tables
- SQL Code Optimization using the Temp table to create filter set before issuing the join statement.
- Quick identification of the improvement areas to enhance the performance.
- Aligning the IT processes to the business needs.
- Increased scope for service-level delivery.
- The team provided the complete assessment report in 3 weeks with recommendations that can be fixed in the short-term and long term with the right implementation estimates.