It is a TekLink internal project presented as a Proof of Concept.
Business Objectives and Challenges
- The business goal was to minimize downtime to optimize for High Availability.
- To establish a secure connection between on-premise and cloud.
- To establish a cloud to cloud and cloud to on-premise inter-connection between applications.
- Ensure near real-time scalability for addressing seasonality usage and server consumption.
- Leverage industry-leading security cloud framework and protocols.
- Minimize on-premise floor space and internal IT resources for managing an on-premise SAP Platform.
- Mapped and assessed client’s SAP Infrastructure and applications for migration.
- Developed a Cloud Migration Deployment plan.
- Configured and readied Microsoft Azure landscape along with security framework.
- It was done to provide a secure connection between on-prem and cloud, and cloud to cloud applications using Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Configured High Availability and Disaster Recovery functionality and processes.
- Migrated non-production environments and validated the migration.
- Lift and shift of the Production Environment to Microsoft Azure with minimal downtime during the migration.
- Signed off post-production testing and validation.
- Worked with client to audit security and compliance framework.
- Conducted performance testing and validated our sizing for their SAP BW on HANA (BWoH) 7.5 Production Systems in Azure with certified SAP servers recommendations.
- On-going Cloud Security Monitoring and Cost Performance Optimization.
- Completion of production system migration within 1-hour downtime.
- Enabling a secured and dedicated connection between Azure and on-premise.
- Improved Operating System (OS) efficiency by applying regular patching.
- Enabling a secured communication with on-premise and external applications.
- Reducing the vulnerabilities of OS and Application with the help of regular scans.
- Demonstrated performance scalability, high availability, and resilience.