Overview of the Client
Our client is a global leader in access solutions and products. They design and engineer garage door openers, commercial door operators, and gate entry systems. They are also the largest wholesale distributors of perimeter access control equipment across the United States.
Our client wanted TekLink to address the following business challenges that they faced:
- Slow performing end-user reports
- Slow data loading to BW RDBMS system with growing data volumes
- Non-secure connection to access reports
- The team did the sizing of BW on HANA 7.5 landscape for Developer, Quality Assurance and Production stages
- The BW on HANA landscape was architected with High Availability/Disaster Recovery (HA/DR)
- Installation of HANA 2.0 – Single node for Developer, and Distributed Nodes for QA and Production Stages
- Migration from BW 7.4 on MSSQL to BW 7.5 on HANA Using SUM DMO
- Upgradation of SAP BPC 10 to SAP BPC 10.1 on BW on HANA Landscape
- Post-migration HANA report/task list run to migrate all the standard objects to HANA Objects
- Completion of performance fine-tuning of the OS and application
- Generation of trusted server/client/SNC certificates for HANA and other applications for secure communication between SAP Systems.
- Enabling authentication to HANA Database using Windows Active Directory (AD) Authentication
- The team has used VMWare Fault-tolerant for High Availability (HA) Solution in the production environment
- The disaster recovery site on the QA Landscape has been set up using HANA data asynchronous replication.
- The IT and Business teams have become more agile
- The query response is faster and there is an improved time process and analyze the data
- A considerable increase in data loads and query performance
- A reduction in data footprint n HANA memory
- Availability of a secure communication channel for the SAP System for internal and external communication