Overview of the Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of lighting fixtures, electrical connectors, data and telecommunications equipment, and many other offerings. Our client has a strong global presence with a wide distribution network that helps them provide essential components for modern electrical systems worldwide.
Business Objectives and Challenges
- The client’s requirement involved agents being compensated according to product sales, taking customer reports into account for quicker decision-making.
- Commission rates were determined based on the type of product sold.
- Despite SAPBW having the required functionality, issues arose because some agents were inactive, resulting in inaccuracies in the existing system.
- Furthermore, the new system needed to incorporate data from text files and cover all the client’s business sectors.
- The primary goal of developing the new system was to ensure user-friendly access for business users and facilitate faster decision-making for assigning agents the appropriate commission amounts.
- The Team utilized Azure resources and incorporated substantial datasets to simplify user analysis.
- The Team devised an architecture capable of managing extensive data requests within available resources while minimizing costs.
- Complex logic and multiple data validation procedures were executed using Databricks and Power BI.
- The Team enhanced the entire system to handle large data volumes for swift data access and transformation, expediting analysis.
- The system guarantees accurate data to business users, facilitating easier analysis and faster commission decisions for agents.
Business Outcomes and Benefits
- The new solution eradicates issues of overpayments or underpayments to agents.
- It expedites data filtering for quicker decision-making.
- The solution also guarantees the client’s ability to undertake future complex projects.