Overview of the Client
Our client is an American multinational food manufacturing company focused on producing cereal, and other convenience foods, including crackers and toaster pastries. They have their manufacturing units set up in more than 15 countries, with their product being distributed worldwide.
Business Objectives and Challenges
The business challenges that our client faced and looked to resolve are:
- Complex solution and process inefficiency leading to lower tool adoption and usability.
- Inadequate promotion planning performance.
- Lack of proper guidelines and checks for promotion plans resulting in “Blind Planning”.
- Lack of visibility into their Trade Promotions Spend.
- Limited visibility into their trade promotions effectiveness with undefined KPIs.
The solution aimed to rationalize and simplify the processes, improve live reporting, and enable post-event analysis, and effective continuous improvements to usability and tool adoption:
- SAP and TekLink paired up to deliver the world’s first TPM on HANA Project.
- The TekLink team leveraged different technologies such as SAP ATPM, Design Studio/Lumira, BW on HANA, SAP CRM, SAP HANA, ABAP, and Business Objects.
- The team helped in the migration of SAP BPS-TPM to SAP ATPM on HANA by moving the processing down to HANA through HANA scripts.
- Rationalized promotion types with simplistic user interface updates.
- Innovative back-end changes to delineate planning and reporting processing.
- Moved the system to day-level planning.
- Updated functionality for mod-ship (special pack) scenarios, enhanced reporting, and analytics capabilities.
- Implementation of custom sales volume planning module using Integrated Planning and Design Studio(Lumira).
Key Project Benefits
- Significant improvement in usability and tool adoption of the tool enabled through rationalized.
- Simplified planning processes, improved planning performance, improved online checks and enhanced live reporting.
- Improved data accuracy through day-level planning and new process for module-shipper.
- Simplified UI and automated EDLP (Everyday Low Pricing) processes eliminating redundant promotion types.
- Enhanced integration to SAP Supply chain management.
- Enabled comprehensive online checks and alerts to empower KAMs to make better decisions during planning.
- Increased visibility into post-event analysis dashboard for better decision making.
- Improved productivity and decision-making ability for sales leaders and KAMS.