Overview of the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. They are also the market leaders and have the largest global presence in the industries that they operate.
Business Challenges and Objectives
The client wanted an automated solution to collect data for tax compliance, consolidate, and report, effectively replacing the manual process:
- The manual process was error-prone, and inflexible, making it difficult to create reports.
- Replace the MS Excel-based tax data collection solution for the multinational corporation with 400+ legal entities, each having its accounting systems.
- The new Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) reporting would help the client in:
- Simplifying the data collection process.
- Having a single source of information.
- Having the ability for robust reporting.
The TekLink experts implemented a highly automated and standardized solution for tax data collection with SAP BPC reporting capability. The solution includes:
- Implementing BPC 10.0 Standard on HANA to collect, consolidate, and easily report data, thus standardizing the tax collection process.
- Creating a system that can support more than 600 users while collecting the data from disparate source systems.
- A multi-model architecture to collect data with different levels of detail.
- The detailed models roll up to a single summary model with automated data flows for data consolidation.
- The automated system ensures easy data uploads/entry, data flow across models, BEPS Table 1, and Tax Compliant Report Generation.
- The standard input forms and reports for all entities ensure ease of transition from the legacy processes and provide a standard tax collection process.
- Straightforward user training to increase end-user adoption.
- Reduction in errors due to the automation of the process.
- Increased ease of navigation through input forms and reports.
- Reduction in consolidated reporting process time.
- BPC as a single source of information for all the Tax-Related Information.
- The new system ensured increased data integrity.
- Flexible reporting and increased user satisfaction.