Overview of the Client
The client is one of the leading food service distributors in USA. They have broad and innovative offerings that cater to restaurants and foodservice operators pertaining to e-commerce, technology, and other business solutions.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client wanted the TekLink Team to consolidate or replace the existing reports.
- The client also looked to enhance the three important sales pillars:
- Performance Assessment to give access to data and tools to understand employee performance.
- Coach the managers on a constant basis, who in turn coach the employees in a consistent, data-driven, and goal-oriented manner.
- Help the managers plan future sales and set accurate goals/targets effectively.
- The TekLink Team provided Tableau Dashboards that illustrate:
- Developed scorecards that develop twenty metrics to determine the score.
- Scorecards to help measure the progress of the Territory Managers (TMs) and District Sales Managers (DSMs) for the goals set for the fiscal year.
- The dashboards help in ranking the TMs and DSMs.
- This ranking ensures an easy comparison between the tenure cohort (Fellow Employees at the same level of seniority/markets and across the country).
- Developed two aggregate metrics using Snowflake that helps in scoring and ranking based on parameters.
- Further, it aids in cluster analysis to determine natural thresholds for different parameters such as:
- Segmentation of individuals by tenure
- Market, route size, and many others
- The managers can access their team’s performance more objectively and holistically.
- Based on the metrics the managers can decide on providing training and coaching to the team.
- Consolidation and streamlining of existing reports resulting in time savings, and process improvements.
- Allows the sellers to plan their workstreams more effectively.
- A single centralized source of data resulting in a standardized format for the reports with standardized metrics.