About the client
Our client is a US based company specializing in coatings in a wide variety of industrial applications, materials, and sectors in more than 130 countries. Their refinishing business is considered a valued, reliable global partner to their customers with fast, efficient, high-quality coating technologies, and integrated digital business processes, making the paint repair journey faster, easier, and more profitable.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- Our client collects the detailed process data from many paint shops in EMEA that results in huge volumes of files and data.
- Due to the manual process of collecting this information, cleansing, integration, and analysis become very cumbersome.
- The client wanted to automate the process to provide clear structured data that enables business-driven-self-service analysis.
- The insights gained from the analysis should contribute to improving the quality of the products and services of the client.
- The client also needed better insights to understand the changing demands of the market and optimize the distribution of products to the customers.
- TekLink provided an end-to-end solution from blueprinting, functional specification, technical specifications, build, testing, and deployment.
- TekLink proposed different MS Azure-based architecture options, out of which the Databricks option was chosen as the basis for implementation.
- Further, for optimal compatibility and secure ingestion into MS Azure, we asked the client to acquire the data files (JSON format) into the AWS S3 Storage.
The solution includes:
- Ingestion of JSON files into Azure Datalake Gen2 from AWS S3
- Ingestion of customer, product, device, and other master data of from SQL databases into Azure
- Transformation logic in Azure Databricks to parse JSON files and convert them into structured parquet files
- Provisioning of pre-defined business-critical reports in PowerBI combining data about jobs and devices with master data
- Enabling of PowerBI for ad hoc analysis of available data
- In addition,
- We also provided hypercare maintenance and support
- Documentation for future maintenance and enhancements
- Training for the key end-users to facilitate ad-hoc, and self-service analysis
- With the help of the dashboards, the readily available insights has started generating more demand for additional details.
- Key business users can analyze the data independently
- 100% availability of data on a daily basis as compared to the monthly availability
- Data from over 700 paint shops is getting into cloud for analytics
- Analytics for around 3 million jobs every month
- The automated data collection process largely eliminates manual intervention, and improves data quality
- The solution provides high performance, self-service analysis, reporting and visualization and reduces data latency (from weeks/months to a day)
- The other benefits include:
- Cost Savings by enabling the selection of right colors in every project
- Improved distribution efficiency
- Improved overall product quality and services
- Improved overall refinish solution, especially on the service quality for the end users
- Better tracking of devices and improvement in revenue generation