About the client
Axalta Coating Systems is a US-based company specializing in coatings in various industrial applications, materials, and sectors in more than 130 countries.
Their refinishing business is considered a valued, and reliable global partner to their customers with fast, efficient, high-quality coating technologies, and integrated digital business processes, making the paint repair journey faster, easier, and more profitable.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- Gain easy access to meaningful insights facilitating continuous improvement of product and service quality.
- Understand the changing market demands better and faster to help drive customer satisfaction and optimize the distribution of products to customers.
- Reduce time-to-insight by automating the collection and processing of large volumes of IoT data from a significant number of paint shops across EMEA.
- Establish an analytics platform with consolidated data and capabilities from ad-hoc, self-service analysis to statistical analysis, including standard reporting.
- Improve data quality by standardizing the process of cleansing, integration, and preparation for analysis and by reducing manual intervention to a minimum.
TekLink provided the solution based on scalable Data Lake in the MS Azure Cloud, including:
- A data model for self-service analytics, optimized for consumption by business.
- Business access to ad-hoc analysis in PowerBI as well as pre-defined business-critical reports.
- Ingestion of IoT data in JSON format from raw data storage in AWS S3.
- Integration of customer, product, device, and other master data from operational SQL databases into the Data Lake.
- Automated the data transformation process in Azure Databricks to parse JSON files and convert them into structured Parquet files.
As part of the handover, TekLink provided:
- Training the key and end-users to facilitate ad-hoc, and self-service analysis.
- Detailed documentation for future maintenance and enhancements.
- Hyper-care maintenance and support.
- Consolidated data from over 3 million jobs in 700 paint shops available in the Cloud for ad-hoc, self-service data analysis, and visualization by business users.
- Pre-defined dashboards with readily available insights have started to generate more demand for additional details.
- Reduced data latency from weeks or even months to one day for all relevant data.
- Data quality has improved significantly because of the automated data collection and transformation process, with minimal manual intervention.
Resulting Business Benefits include:
- Increased revenue generation.
- Cost savings enabling the selection of correct colors for every project.
- Improved overall refinish solution, with enhanced product and service quality for end-users.
- Higher efficiency in product distribution.
- Improved device tracking for maintenance purposes.