Overview of the Client
Our client is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest retailers in the world. They are an operator of discount stores that sell bulk quantities in deeply discounted prices. They have a worldwide presence, with United States of America as their Headquarters.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client looked to reduce their SAP HANA storage fee arising from the massive existing footprint in SAP HANA.
- They also wanted to ensure high availability and a reliable platform and redundancy for business continuity measures.
- The client wanted the new platform to perform equal or better than their existing BI Landscape.
- The solution included Azure Virtual Machines and ARM Templates to build the initial landscape within Azure.
- The team deployed comprehensive offline and online data migration approaches and techniques to minimize business interruption.
- The team also ensured a 100% successful migration.
- Business continuity was achieved by a thoughtful plan centered around the client’s critical business applications.
- Microsoft’s Cluster and SLES Pacemaker, SQL Always-on, HANA Replication, Azure Load Balancer, and other tools were leveraged in the solution.
- The team created redundancies and failover systems through Availability Zones, Geo-Redundant Failover, and Azure Site Recovery.
- The team designed and deployed a robust security model. These steps include Azure AD Integration, Single Sign-On, encryption of data and backups, Azure NSG, Vulnerability scans, and penetration tests.
Key Project Benefits
- Our client realized a successful migration with better performance at a lower cost.
- The system performance is superior under the new design.
- The TekLink Team has also configured and easy to build High Availability & Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Implementation costs are minimally related to the size of this large environment.
- The client witnessed a reduced infrastructure overhead and low-cost disaster recovery services.