Overview of the Client
Our client is an American multinational food manufacturing company focused on producing cereal, and other convenience foods, including crackers and toaster pastries. They have their manufacturing units set up in more than 15 countries, with their product being distributed worldwide.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- Lack of an integrated business planning application with different datasets for each brand and channel.
- The client required accurate planning for the future demands of each product.
- The client looked to use the predictions to make better sales decisions regarding specific channels and products.
- An Integrated Business Planning application was built to assist in the decision-making process for different segments of the client’s business.
- The data from internal and external sources go through a complete cleansing and re-structuring before usage.
- Data is collected from different data sets such as demand planning, sales planning, vendor consumption, actual sales, and sales forecasting.
- The tool can drill down into specific brands and channels to illustrate trends even though there are varied data sources.
- TekLink also helped in creating a technical data architecture.
- The application helps provide accurate forecasts to guide future sales decisions.
- The streamlined process enables automation and minimizes the storage footprint while ensuring data accuracy.
- Provides a more rational approach to the supply chain and inventory management process.
- The application and its approach lead to an increase in revenue and a better understanding of sales trends.