Overview of the Client
Our client is a diversified chemical products manufacturer producing antifreeze, liquid methanol, ethylene oxide, runway dyeing agents, truck bed liners, deodorants, and automotive lubricants. The company manages over a dozen leading consumer and commercial brands across 60 countries.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client was in the process of migrating to S/4HANA and required assistance to choose the best-suited SAP Planning Solution that is compatible with S/4HANA.
- They were experiencing issues with their existing planning solution, which was manual, inflexible resulting in long closing and planning cycles.
TekLink was approached to:
- Recommend ways to address their system issues
- Assist in the selection of the best SAP Planning solution compatible with S/4 HANA
- Device business roadmap to simplify integration and operation
TekLink provided a holistic solution including Advisory, Technical and Functional services. The holistic solution was multi-phased and involved assessments, recommendations, roadmaps, implementation, and maintenance.
- Advisory Services
- TekLink performed an assessment that included:
- Holding workshops with different user groups to identify requirements and pain–points of the current planning process.
- Liaising with S/4 Team members to understand plans and align roadmaps.
- Reviewing existing planning team composition and responsibilities.
- Evaluating existing technology stack to determine what is the most appropriate SAP tool for them.
- Assessment documents were analyzed and the following were the findings:
- The existing BPC solution although migrated from 7.5, was not optimally tuned to leverage the features of the 10.1 or the new EPM Add-In.
- Several design flaws were identified that prevented the solution to scale to the changing and growing business.
- Misconception prevailed regarding BPC among users
- Lack of training in reporting capabilities
- The client was provided with the following recommendations:
- Retaining the existing BPC Version to ensure maximum ROI and future compatibility with S/4 HANA
- Improving BPC design by incorporating the advanced features to achieve more benefits
- Training client-end resources on available reporting capabilities
- Technical Services
- Based on the assessment performed by TekLink, the Client had agreed to implement the following design changes:
- Developing a flexible design
- Optimizing the financial reporting and planning solution
- Automating data loads from SAP to BPC
- Functional Services
- TekLink assisted the Client team with data validations activities and testing scenarios, also held workshops to provide report writing training.
- Application Managed Services
- Post-implementation of the project TekLink continued to provide maintenance support and assisted the client with parallel closing processes.
- Increased confidence about the BPC Implementation and its future compatibility with S/4 HANA
- Avoided unnecessary investment on implementation of the new tool
- Smoother and faster planning and consolidation cycles
- Faster turnaround to incorporate changes for organizational alignments
- Increased reporting flexibility and user satisfaction
- Automated data loading process