- 10% to 30% improvement in service levels with automated updates to the system
Overview of the Client
Our client is a leading American Consumer Goods Company specializing in manufacturing and marketing a wide range of apparel and undergarment products. They cater to a global market through their extensive distribution network, encompassing wholesale, retail, and e-commerce channels.
Business Objectives and Challenges
- With a Vendor Central account on Amazon, the client recorded sales transactions in SAP, while Amazon maintained its sales records within Vendor Central.
- The client faced challenges reconciling purchase order data between the Vendor Central account and SAP sales data.
- Additionally, the client encountered discrepancies in order status, quantity, shipped date, and other related information due to various factors.
- Manual reconciliation of the information became time-consuming and inefficient for the client.
- As a solution, the client sought to automate the process and accurately assess the service level of order fulfillment.
- The team extracted Amazon Vendor Central purchase order and sales data into the Azure Framework to streamline and enhance processing efficiency.
- They developed a PowerBI dashboard to visualize the service level and highlight discrepancies between SAP and Amazon Vendor Central for easy access.
- Any highlighted differences were automatically updated from Amazon Vendor Central and SAP to the Azure System, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- The solution also helped track order history effectively to analyze order fulfillment and cancellations caused by insufficient inventory, providing valuable insights for the business.
Business Benefits and Outcomes
- The new solution delivers a 10% to 30% improvement in the Service Level because of the automatic updates to the Azure System.
- The solution optimizes the inventory levels to reduce cancellations due to insufficient inventory.
- Prevented chargebacks and service level violations by rectifying and correcting mistakenly canceled orders in SAP, ensuring timely communication with Amazon VC.
- Trend analysis of service with historical data helped improve service level for the future.