Overview of the Client
Our client is an American Company, which designs, produces, and markets electrical and electronic products globally. With a focus on serving the residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility industries, they operate numerous manufacturing facilities in different parts of the world, guaranteeing global distribution of its high-quality products.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client’s current process was disorganized, time-consuming, and relied heavily on the IT team.
- They required a simpler, more user-friendly solution that allowed Power users to manage and control user access independently.
- The client aimed to create an interface that provided data customization features similar to those in SAP Business Objects Explorer.
- User access needed to be restricted to specific regions to ensure data security.
- The client aimed to reduce their dependence on the IT team.
The TekLink team implemented the following solution after considering the recommendations made during the Advisory phase of the project:
- They provided two dashboard versions: a regular Power BI Dashboard and a Power BI Dashboard integrated with Power Apps.
- User mapping data, categorized by region, was retained in Excel format and uploaded onto SharePoint.
- A user-friendly interface was developed using Power Apps to access the Excel data.
- Power Apps were embedded in the Power BI dashboard, making it easy for Business Users to manage the dashboard.
- Dynamic row-level security was incorporated to ensure that individual users’ aggregates reflected their respective regions after completing the mapping.
Business Outcomes and Benefits
- A simplified interface and back-end were implemented to streamline operations.
- New user onboarding was made easier and more efficient, with no ambiguity in aggregates coming from other regions.
- The data security for sales team users was improved.
- There is zero reliance on the IT Team for User Access Management.
- By using Power BI, SAP Business Objects Explorer was replaced while meeting cost expectations. No new investments in a new tool were necessary.
TekLink's cloud experts effectively helped Hubbell with designing and setting up Hubbell's analytics and reporting self-service infrastructure, security and power BI environment. They demonstrated exceptional Cloud acumen and analytics knowledge.
Sr. Director, IT Data Management and Analytics