Overview of the Client
Our client is an American Company that designs, manufactures, and sells electrical and electronic products for non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. The company has its manufacturing units in many countries with distribution around the globe.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client’s current process was very disorganized, and time-consuming, with a high dependency on the IT Team.
- The client, therefore, wanted a user-friendly solution where a Power user could manage and maintain user access as required.
- The client looked to develop an interface with data personalization capability like SAP Business Objects explorer functionality.
- Restrict user access to ensure users can only view and access the data for their regions only.
- Limit the dependency on the IT Team.
The TekLink Team implemented the following solution after considering the recommendations from the Advisory phase of the project:
- Providing two versions of the dashboards (Regular Power BI Dashboard and Power BI Dashboard integrated with Power Apps).
- Retaining the user mapping data (to the regions) in Excel Format by uploading it on SharePoint.
- Developing a user-friendly interface using Power Apps to access the data maintained in Excel.
- Embedding Power Apps in Power BI dashboard to make it available for management by Business Users.
- Designing dynamic row-level security to ensure the once the mapping is completed, all the aggregates reflect on the individual users based on region.
- Simplified interface and back-end.
- Easy and improved onboarding of new users with no ambiguity in aggregates cropping in from other regions.
- Improved data security for sales team users.
- Zero dependencies on the IT Team for User Access Management.
- Meeting the cost expectations with Power BI, replacing SAP Business Objects Explorer, and no new investments on a new tool.
TekLink's cloud experts effectively helped Hubbell with designing and setting up Hubbell's analytics and reporting self-service infrastructure, security and power BI environment. They demonstrated exceptional Cloud acumen and analytics knowledge.
Sr. Director, IT Data Management and Analytics