Overview of the Client
Our customer is a medical devices manufacturing company revolutionizing the treatment of advanced cardiovascular disease. The company engages in developing and commercializing specialized technology to treat calcified plaque in patients and heart valve diseases worldwide.
Business Challenges and Objectives
- The client is growing at a rapid pace, with the data to be handled and analyzed increasing exponentially.
- The client had their data coming in from multiple sources with it being stored in both structured and unstructured formats.
- The client looked to have a seamless data flow between different departments for better decision-making.
- The client wanted to improve their existing BI Landscape that can access, integrate, store and process data coming from multiple sources.
- The TekLink Team reviewed the client’s existing BI Platform and suggested a Cloud-based solution to build a modern data architecture for analytics, based on Microsoft Azure.
- The TekLink Team also worked closely with various teams within the organization like the SalesOps, Purchase, Customer Success, Finance, and Marketing among others to understand the existing reporting structure and future needs.
- The Team proposed a harmonized “data platform” on Microsoft Azure with a single reporting repository for the global dashboards and reports.
- TekLink also implemented data security to allow appropriate access to the data based on roles.
- We also established best practices for cost and efficiency to monitor various purchased/installed Azure Services.
- We provided the training on PowerBI to the business users and assisted the users to build dashboards and reports using Data Foundation to present the important KPIs for the Executive Leadership Team.
Business Outcomes and Benefits
- Ensured a successful integration of the system that can compare the data from the source system to the reporting layer.
- A single source of data was created to have a standardized reporting structure.
- The solution promoted “self-service” analytics in the organization that reduced access barriers and improved business engagement.
- The Team also encouraged and facilitated the various teams within the organization to adapt to modern reporting practices.