TekLink’s Trade Management solution offerings are designed to address some of the key challenges faced by our customers in the consumer goods industry. Two broad observations in consumer goods and retail industry have shaped some of our offerings.
- Ineffective management of promotional trade spends and in generating positive ROI from the trade investments. Manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (CPG) can transform their sales systems to drive profitable growth—often adding 10 to 15 percent to the bottom line operating results on an ongoing basis—through improved trade promotion efficiency¹.
- Need for effective collaboration with trade partners to create mutually beneficial strategies, ensure efficient execution and optimize plans regularly to realize incremental margin and category growth in today’s ever-evolving omnichannel realities, retail consolidation, and changing shopper behavior.
TekLink’s Consumer Goods Trade Management solutions practice enables our customers to address the above and more. It helps to transform their trade processes, build effective solutions and tools for customer account planning, funds planning, promotion planning, execution, and analytics. Our Trade management consultants have a sound domain and process knowledge along with deep technical expertise. With an effective global delivery model, TekLink provides a highly cost-effective approach to successfully deliver projects and support our customer solutions.
Some of TekLink’s unique credentials and capabilities in TM (Trade Management) are:
- Listed by Gartner and POI (Promotion Optimization Institute) as one of the select few SAP TPM / TPO service partners
- One of the few SI’s with a proven track record of multiple successful SAP TM (Promotion management and customer business planning) projects in North America as well as Europe.
Trade Management (Trade Promotion Management and Sales Volume Planning) Advisory and Blueprint Services
Our TM Advisory offers a comprehensive functional and technical assessment to help customers with a tailored blueprint for the trade processes (sales volume planning, promotion planning, funds planning, claims & deductions management), fit-gap analysis, and a detailed implementation project plan. We leverage our blueprint accelerators, TekLink labs environment/ custom system walk-throughs to help customers make informed decisions for the To-Be processes.
Our TM Advisory also offers a detailed technical assessment of SAP TPM solution for improved user experience. Typical results from these projects include improved performance of planning, improved real-time analytics, simplification of solution (such as rationalization of promotion types, automation of the certain process, simplified user interface, improved online checks during planning, automated authorization workflow, better reporting, and analytics, etc.)
TM Advisory helps clients during tool selection and program planning phase to navigate through the SAP Trade management offerings and choose the best-fit solution, approach and a customized roadmap suited to their needs.
TM implementation services for Customer Business Planning (CBP) and Trade Promotion Management (TPM)
We help consumer goods companies define a solid implementation blueprint for the trade processes (sales volume planning, promotion planning, funds planning, claims & deductions management, integration to ERP pricing and demand management), and implementing the solution using TekLink’s SAP TM Implementation methodology that incorporates unique approaches to stay continuously engaged with business throughout the implementation. We leverage our accelerators, implementation best practices, and our proven global delivery model to ensure a successful and cost-effective implementation.
SAP Trade Promotion Management (TPM) upgrade
We provide support for the technical upgrade from old SAP BPS TPM to new SAP TPM on HANA leveraging IP-PAK (Integrated Planning – Planning Applications Kit) technology.
Advanced offerings: ATMA (Advanced Analytics Trade Management), a.k.a. TPO (Trade Promotion Optimization)
We offer ATMA (Advanced Analytics Trade Management) implementation services to help our customers understand the impact of promotions on volume and profitability and leverage that information to create more optimal plans.
Advanced TM offerings: Demand Signal Management (DSiM Implementation)
Our DSiM implementation services enable consumer goods companies to build scalable, centralized demand signal repository for capturing massive volumes of downstream demand data from retailers and POS data.
Additional related offerings
- Customer / SKU Profitability & Mix Reporting
- Pricing Analytics
- E-commerce analytics: Brand analytics, Shopper marketing analytics, POS analytics
- Health and Wellbeing (H&W) reporting
Our technology expertise spans across a variety of relevant tools and technologies.
- SAP TPPM (Trade Promotions Planning & Management) a.k.a. TPM on HANA (part of SAP TMA 4.0)
- SAP CBP (Customer Business Planning) (part of SAP TMA 4.0)
- SAP TFM (Trade Funds Management)
- SAP TCM (Trade Claims Management
- SAP TPM: SAP TPM on HANA
- SAP TPM: SAP BPS TPM
- SAP DSiM (Demand Signal Management)
- SAP ATMA (Advanced Trade Management Analytics), a.k.a. TPO (Trade Promotion Optimization)
- SAC Analytics (SAP Analytics Cloud)
- SAP Business Objects tools for analytics and reporting (e.g. Analysis office, Design Studio/ Lumira Designer)
- SAP Integrated Planning IP-PAK (Integrated Planning – Planning Applications Kit), a.k.a. BPC embedded
- Predictive modeling in R
- SAP UI5/ HTML 5
¹Boosting_the_Bottom_Line_through_Improved_Trade_Promotion_Effectiveness – PWC