About the Client:
Our client is one of the largest American multinational food-manufacturing company producing cereal and convenience foods.
- Inadequate promotion planning performance
- Complex solution and process inefficiency led to lower tool adoption and usability
- Lack of proper guidelines and checks for promotion plans leading to ‘blind planning’
- Lack of visibility into trade promotion spend
- Limited visibility into trade promotion effectiveness with no defined KPIs
Business Objectives and Solution:
TekLink consultants leveraged a combination of technologies like SAP ATPM, Design Studio/ Lumira, BW on HANA, SAP CRM, SAP HANA, ABAP and Business Objects to implement the following solution. The solution was aimed to rationalize & simplify processes, improve live reporting performance, simplify sales volume planning process, enable post-event analysis, and effective continuous improvements to improve usability and tool adoption.
- Implemented SAP ATPM (Accelerated TPM on HANA) for Client’s North American Business.
- SAP and TekLink paired up to deliver world’s first TPM on HANA project
- Migration of SAP BPS-TPM to SAP ATPM on HANA improved performance of live reporting by moving processing down to HANA through use of HANA scripts
- Rationalized promotion types with simplistic user interface updates and innovative back-end changes to delineate planning and reporting processing
- Improved visibility and accuracy of planning and reporting – moved to day level planning, updated functionality for mod-ship (special pack) scenarios, enhanced the reporting and analytics capabilities
- Implemented custom sales volume planning module, using Integrated Planning and Design Studio (now Lumira), removing redundancies thereby simplifying processes for user
- Implemented post-event analysis dashboards using Design Studio (Lumira)
Outcome and Benefits:
- Significant improvement in usability and tool adoption of the tool enabled through rationalized & simplified planning processes, improved planning performance, improved online checks and enhanced live reporting
- Improved data accuracy through day-level planning and new process for module-shipper (‘special packs’)
- Simplified UI and automated EDLP (Everyday Low Pricing) processes eliminating redundant promotion types
- Enhanced integration to SAP Supply chain management
- Innovative approach for improving performance of planning process and live reporting
- Enabled comprehensive online checks and alerts to empower KAMs to make better decisions during planning
- Increased visibility into post-event analysis dashboard enabling a thorough analysis into KPI’s by promotion, product, customer and other relevant details, equipping sales leaders for better decision-making.
- Improved productivity and decision-making ability for sales leaders and KAMS
Contact Us to learn more about this experience.