Report Performance Optimization with SAP HANA implementation
About the Client:
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of packaging products, holding the position of largest manufacturer of glass containers in North America, South America, Asia-Pacific and Europe.
Our client implemented Enterprise HANA solution, TekLink’s advisory team was engaged to conduct thorough review of the existing HANA implementation and provide specific recommendation on the existing pain areas.
Solution was based on phases which included:
- Advisory & recommendation of HANA Report Optimization & HANA Security Improvement
- Implementation of recommendations suggested above
HANA Models optimization
- Persist Calculated Columns used in Joins
- Improved the filter performance by pushing down to database
- Optimized Exchange Rate conversion by reducing joins
- Analyzed and Persist Long running calculation views in physical tables
- Standardized the regional names
HANA Security improvement
- Re-implemented HANA IT User Roles
- Improved and simplified Application Security for end users roles
Outcome and Benefits:
- Significant long running HANA views for Identified Critical reports are optimized with substantial increase in HANA View performance
- Considerable increase in HANA View performance for all process areas part of scope.
- Reduced Memory consumption in Gigabytes for each process area
- Process improvements in areas of
- HANA Security
- HANA Life cycle management
Contact Us to learn more about this experience.