TekLink helps a leading public university gain analytics insights to student enrollments for better retention and graduation rates
About the Client:
Our client is a leading educational university in US, noted for their agricultural and mechanical colleges.
Working closely with our client, TekLink team identified the following objectives:
- Build an Enterprise Data Warehouse using cloud-based technologies replacing their existing legacy system that is experiencing long lag times for business query requests.
- Build an industry standard data model to illustrate the specific entities, attributes and relationships involved in a business function.
- Build data integration, data harmonization and a semantic layer for analytics.
- Create interactive dashboards to answer business queries on grade distribution, sponsored program, student enrollment, freshman retention rate and freshman graduation rate.
- Uncover data quality issues in the operational source systems and assess the risk involved in integrating data in new applications
Solution Offered by TekLink:
TekLink consultants, using Informatica Cloud, SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition, Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server, delivered the following solution to the client:
- Advised our client the right tools and technologies for the analytics platform
- Broaden the usage on the new analytics platform minimizing creating analytics in silos and manual reporting
- Built an advanced analytics platform that addresses holistic analysis and becomes the foundation for additional analytics projects in future
Outcomes and Benefits:
The university realized the following outcomes and benefits:
- Delivered a highly automated cloud-based solution for data integration
- Enabled the ability for end users to view results interactively using dashboard
- Provided the end user analytical insight that can be leveraged for root cause analysis and other types of analysis
Contact Us to learn more about this experience.