Kellogg Streamlines Planning Processes, Improves Data Availability and Accuracy with TekLink’s Anaplan Services
About the Client:
The Kellogg Company, popularly known as Kellogg’s is an American multinational food-manufacturing company headquartered in Battle Creek, Michigan. Kellogg’s products mainly include cereal and convenience foods, including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries and more.
- Fortune 500 Company
- Annual Revenue of US$ 13 Billion
- Products manufactured in 18 countries and marketed in over 180 countries
- 33,000+ employees across the globe
Kellogg Latin America aimed to upgrade and simplify its Hyperion based planning to a comprehensive solution that would integrate several peripheral tools and processes into a single planning interface. Kellogg’s wanted to:
- Increase the intra-organizational data visibility by providing access to granular information
- Standardize their databases
- Implement new business rules and streamline existing ones
TekLink led the technical design of the new framework and worked closely with Kellogg’s to deliver an integrated solution based on Anaplan. The solution involved the integration of Kellogg’s peripheral tools, automation of business rules (a set of calculations conducted to manipulate data prior to consolidation), increasing the level of details the users could retrieve from the tool, and dramatically reducing the time taken in the consolidation process.
Outcome and Benefits:
- Increased product visibility: Kellogg’s can now retrieve granular commercial information, which was previously stored in independent databases. This helps maintain better traceability and data integrity with official FP&A reporting.
- A robust technical solution: Replaced Hyperion with a more agile and efficient planning technology (Anaplan), resulting in the elimination of breakdowns that consistently delayed the process.
- Process improvements: Simplification and integration of databases reduced process closing turnaround time to half a day and saving over 2,500 hours in yearly consolidation workload.
- Flexible data architecture: Datasets defined by the team provides higher flexibility to the Supply Chain network by recording the invoiced/ legal view of information and the market/ business view independently.
Contact Us to learn more about this experience.