About the client
The client is one of the largest food companies and a leading foodservice distributor. They partner with many restaurants and foodservice operators. They have a broad and innovative food offerings and different points of contact, such as e-commerce, other technology devices, and business solutions.
- The client required the TekLink Team to consolidate or replace existing reports
- The client also looked to enhance the three important sales pillars, these are:
- Performance Assessment that can give access to the data and tools to understand their employees’ performance
- Coaching the managers on a constant basis who can in-turn coach their employees in a consistent, data-driven and goal-oriented manner
- Help the managers plan future sales and set accurate goals/targets effectively
The TekLink Solution
The solution entails developing Tableau dashboards that illustrate:
- Scorecards, which help to measure the progress of the Territory Managers and District Sales Managers for the goals set for a fiscal year; the scoreboards consider more than twenty metrics to determine the score.
- Further, the dashboards help in ranking the Territory Managers and District Sales Managers. The ranking ensures an easy comparison between the tenure cohort (Fellow Employees at the same level of seniority/markets and across the company).
- Two aggregate metrics were developed using the Snowflake data warehouse, which also helps in scoring and ranking based on the parameters.
- Further, it aids in cluster analysis to determine natural thresholds for various parameters such as goals, and for segmentation of individuals by tenure, market, route size, and many others.
- With the new dashboards, the managers can assess their team’s sales performance more objectively and holistically.
- The managers can also decide on providing training or coaching to their team members who are not at par in some of the metrics considered for evaluation.
- Consolidation of other existing reports results in time savings, process improvements, and the overall streamlining of operations.
- It further enhances the business reporting and analytical capabilities: performance assessments, consistent coaching, and effective planning.
- It allows the sellers to plan their workstreams more effectively.
- There is now only one centralized source of data, which yields a standardized format for the reports with the standardized metrics.