Business Objects Upgrade and Migration to Cloud was never this easy!
About the Client:
Our client is one of the largest American multinational food-manufacturing company producing cereal and convenience foods with over 32,000 employees worldwide.
- As an organization initiative, to reduce infrastructure cost, client wants to migrate the BOBI application from on-premise hosting to cloud based hosting
- To upgrade BOBI Application from 4.1 to 4.2, migrate content and make it compatible with upgraded version
- As another initiative, to migrate the workplace solutions to Windows 10 and Office 365 64-bit, it was important to install and test SAP business objects admin functions and features that support Windows 10 desktops/laptops
TekLink visualization experts did turnkey execution of the project to
- Do assessment of On-Premise landscape
- Evaluate and resize the AWS server capacity considering assessment data and growth in user base
- Find suitable AWS EC2 Instance type according to the License Availability
- Build new BOBI Landscape with 4.2 SP5
- Migrate content from On-Premise BOBI 4.1 SP5 to BOBI 4.2 SP5 server environments in AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Configure BW SSO, AD SSO, SSL, Load Balancer, APS Split, Tuning APS & Web servers
- Installation and testing of all BOBI user and admin functions, backup and restore functions including third party tool used for specific functionality
- Migration of jobs to the new cloud environment
- Perform Load testing
- Validation of client tool in Windows 10
Outcome and Benefits:
- Achieved organization objective to move the application to AWS from on premise servers, reduced infrastructure maintenance cost
- BOBJ footprint made compatible with Office 2016, Windows 10 and Excel 64 bit
- BOBI application available to users migrating to Office 2016, Windows 10 and Excel 64 bit
Contact Us to learn more about this experience.