About the Client:
Our client provides a comprehensive range of well site services that are fundamental to establishing and maintaining the flow of oil and gas throughout the entire life-cycle of a well.
Our client faced the following challenges in managing their data:
- Failure to meet service level agreements (SLA) for the Rapid Mart SAP BusinessObjects Data Services (BODS) Extractor jobs.
- Inaccurate data loading into the Rapid Mart due to errors in the business logic.
- Lack of customization and performance tuning capabilities for HR, Accounts Receivable, Sales, Cost Center and Materials Rapid Mart Extractors.
- Long execution time updating the data with data recovery issues.
- Manual data loading process.
- Related reports fed from the Account Payable System inaccurate.
Solution Offered by TekLink:
TekLink optimized the client’s platform using SAP Data Services Version 4.1 SP2 with the SAP Rapid Mart using SQL server. We provided the following:
- BODS jobs enhancement as per the business requirement.
- BODS jobs monitoring and fixing load failures within SLA.
- BODS jobs performance tuning.
- BODS system testing after the system outage / upgrade.
- Configuration of BODS and Rapid Mart.
- Design remediation of Accounts Payable, Human Resources, Accounts Receivable, Sales, Call Center, and Materials jobs.
- Documentation of analysis and issues resolution.
- On-call support for resolving the issues.
- Rapid Mart extractor enhancement and performance tuning.
- Requirements gathering from the business users for new development tasks and business issues.
- Update project status to client weekly and addressed critical and priority issues daily.
Outcomes and Benefits:
Our client realized the following outcomes and benefits:
- Automated the data loading process.
- Fixed the business data logic errors.
- Rapid Mart Account Payable BODS job execution time reduced by 50%!
- Streamlined and performance tuned the data loading process consistently to meet service level agreements.
“TekLink has been an outstanding addition to our internal staff providing a strong work ethic and extensive technical expertise. TekLink quickly stabilized our current SAP BusinessObjects platform while working with our customers to define, develop and deliver new reporting needs.”
Director- Enterprise Applications